This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Desktop zoomed in. Kubuntu 14.04

I have two accounts on my system, and one day when I was using one of them my keyboard fell to the floor and probably some key combination was pressed and all of a sudden my desktop now is bigger than my display (only on this account) and when I move the mouse to the screen edges the whole desktop moves along with it ... a little bit hard to work like that.

It's like everything is zoomed in.

I tried to google for a solution but couldn't find anything useful
    Does anybody here have an idea how to get my desktop to a normal state ?
    Last edited by ronshor; Nov 11, 2017, 06:52 AM.

I have no idea if this works for you, but on my system (also 14.04) I can zoom in and out with the Windows key and + or -. If I zoom in (Windows with +) I can move my desktop juist like you describe.
    And Windows with 0 (zero) is back to normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Goeroeboeroe View Post
      I have no idea if this works for you, but on my system (also 14.04) I can zoom in and out with the Windows key and + or -. If I zoom in (Windows with +) I can move my desktop juist like you describe.
      And Windows with 0 (zero) is back to normal.
      It worked !!
      Thank you very much !!
      It was so frustrating. I searched google for hours trying to fix this.
      This forum is THE BEST !!

Comment

If you have a problem that involves desktop behaviour, it's a good idea to check what "Desktop Effects" you have enabled, and maybe disable them all to see if the problem goes away. I use that one sometimes; but I'm not sure of its name ATM, sorry. Maybe you'd like to turn it off so that it won't happen again.

Regards, John Little
        Regards, John Little

Comment

Okay, got it.
          Thanks a lot !

Comment

Working...
          X