This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE Connect slow file transfer in dolphin

I've just been transferring a podcast to my android phone, using "browse this device" to open a dolphin window, and drag/dropping a file from another dolphin window. The transfer proceeds slowly, at an average of about 250 KiB/s. If I drop the file onto the phone's entry in the KDE Connect, the transfer runs at about 1 MiB/s, but that's not so convenient, because I can't choose where the file is going, and that's quite slow anyway.

Any ideas?
    Regards, John Little

I just tested, and also see a speed difference, though mine is 14 versus 18 MiB/s.
    I suspected a difference between my onboard storage speed versus my eternal storage via SD card, as the systray widget sent the file to the first, while I used Dolphin and copied the same exact file to the sdcard.
    Using the same file to the same location a couple of times shows that using the widget is faster than Dolphin. I wonder if this is due to the widget basically skipping whatever steps the file manager needs to do to pass the file off to the kioslave? Just speculating.

You can specify a specific location that files are sent to on the device, though not per-transfer.
    On the entry for your computer on KDEconnect's app, click the 3-dot menu at the top right, and go to Plugin Settings. Then tap the Share and Receive option to configure a custom location instead of the Downloads folder.

Comment

Working...
    X