X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PLASMA 5] Space between the Desktop-Icons

Hi,

i've created icon on the kde desktop for all the programs i use. but on the kde desktop the icons use much more space than the icons on windows 7 desktop. it seems there is no settings dialog to edit this, but the user OneLine has written something here: https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...l=1#post372886. the file looks a little bit different on my system (mint sarah), but i could reduce the space between the icons - but with strange behaviour. when i mark the icons, they overlap to the mark of the icon above or under it. the overlapping area is bigger when the text under the icon has 2 lines.

this is what i've edited in the folderview.qml:

Code:
    cellWidth: {
                        if (root.useListViewMode) {
                            return gridView.width;
                        }

return iconSize + (2 * units.largeSpacing);
                    }

cellHeight: {
                        if (root.useListViewMode) {
                            return Math.ceil((Math.max(theme.mSize(theme.defaultFont).height, iconSize)
                                + Math.max(highlightItemSvg.margins.top + highlightItemSvg.margins.bottom,
                                listItemSvg.margins.top + listItemSvg.margins.bottom)) / 2) * 2;
                        }

return (iconSize + (theme.mSize(theme.defaultFont).height * plasmoid.configuration.textLines)
                            + ([U][B]3[/B][/U] * units.smallSpacing) + ([U][B]1[/B][/U] * units.largeSpacing));
                    }
    what i want: no overlapping and always the same "mark size", no matter the text is in one or two lines. what else can i edit in the file?

meyer

A short time ago....

KDE Forums - Reducing space between desktop icons. [SOLVED]: https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=289&t=136447
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

NICELY DONE meyer!

Don't know that we have exchanged phosphors before, so, welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!
      Please don't be a stranger!

woodagainnicelydonesmoke

Comment

Nice link, Rog!
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

@ rog131

thanks for that link. but this is nearly the same as with the other thread. you can do it more accurate, of course. how can i reduce the space between the icon/icon-text and the outline of the mark (what i mean is the blue area around the icons; looks like i can't upload a screenshot).

Comment

Working...
          X