Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything on my kubuntu desktop is too small.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Everything on my kubuntu desktop is too small.

I downloaded Kubuntu from a USB drive to try it out, but everything on the desktop was too small to read. I did manage to do the preliminaries with the aid of a magnifying-glass, but there is no way I can continue using Kubuntu with this problem. I'm using a Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro Ultrabook pc., with Intel Processor 5Y70, CPU @ 1.10GHz 1.3GHz,
    8GB of RAM, 64-Bit Operating System, x64-Based Processor, Touchscreen. Windows 8.1 & Windows 10 dual booted. I have plenty of space left on my (D SSD. Appreciate any & all suggestions for this problem.

you have a HiDpi screen . you will want to do a few things after that you will need to log out or start new programs to get the full affect of these changes. you have choices and can do a combonation of the stuff below (but 1 is highly recommended)

1. Force the font dpi to be the dpi of your screeen. mine is 196. you can try that and adjust from there. [System Settings -> Font->Fonts->Force Font DPI]
    2. you can scale your display, *last time i tried only whole numbers worked* [System Settings ->Display and Monitor -> Display Configuration->Scale Display]

you might also want to check out this section of the arch wiki for a lot more info then i have time to tell you here. https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/HiDPI
    Last edited by sithlord48; Sep 10, 2016, 06:51 AM.
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Thanks sithlord48. It was a resolution problem, now solved.

Comment

Working...
      X