This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Can't change default apps

When I try to change default apps through the "Configure file associations" interface, they revert back to the original order after I click "Apply".

So, for example, jpeg defaults to GIMP, but I want it to default to Gwenview, so I move Gwenview to the top of the list, click "Apply", but it reverts back to GIMP at the top of the list.

Any ideas?

Check the ownership of .local/share/applications/mimeapps.list and all the directories in that path; that's the file that "Configure file associations" is trying to write. If something has become owned by root it'll stop you from writing the changes.
    Regards, John Little

Comment

That was the first thing I checked, and oddly, mimeapps.list appeared to show my preferred apps in their correct order, but the GUI wasn't honoring that for whatever reason.

At any rate, I inadvertently solved this by adding the backports ppa to my system which installed the most up to date version of KDE, and now I'm able to change the order of default apps. I'm guessing it was a KDE bug?

Comment

Working...
      X