This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[KDE] Dolphin not forgetting previous WebDAV connection

I was trying to set up a WebDAV connection with Dolphin and so I used the user "user1@owncloudserver.com" to login. Now it doesn't matter what I do, if I want to use "user2@owncloudserver.com", even when I specify user2 in the URL, it still sends me the information from user1. I tried simply right clicking and deleting the folder in Dolphin but that does nothing I have found, it still calls back to user1. Any help?

Originally posted by stratacast View Post
    I was trying to set up a WebDAV connection with Dolphin and so I used the user "user1@owncloudserver.com" to login. Now it doesn't matter what I do, if I want to use "user2@owncloudserver.com", even when I specify user2 in the URL, it still sends me the information from user1. I tried simply right clicking and deleting the folder in Dolphin but that does nothing I have found, it still calls back to user1. Any help?
    You made the user1 entry by making a permanent folder in Dolphin by right-clicking on the leftmost Places panel --> Add entry. The right click menu context also includes and edit option to change things. Did you use it?
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

No, I went to the network tab in Places and clicked "Add network folder" and added user1 and user2 that way. I gave the network folders different names too. It finally started logging into user2 (completely out of the blue), but now I can't log into user1. Which doesn't matter, but I want to see if perhaps this is a bug or if I'm just doing something wrong. Now my biggest thing is whenever I click on my owncloud network folder, each new session of Dolphin warns me that there is no authentication, which there was, it just happened when I established the connection the very first time

Comment

Typo, my bad.
        How Dolphin is setup to do networking shares depends a lot on the target network. Here are some guides that may help:

http://doc.opensuse.org/documentatio...a.network.html

http://www.howtogeek.com/176471/how-...ows-and-linux/

And, an alternative:
        http://www.linuxandubuntu.com/home/l...-scp-and-rsync
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

It seems to be working now kind of out of the blue with no reason why it decided to do it properly...but it works! I have no explanation for why

Comment

Have you set updating to work automatically in the background?

Comment

Working...
            X