This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Themes for Xenial desktop

This is intended for people not presently using Xenial.

I note with interest that there are presently; 7 default themes for Plasma 5, one with “somewhat” of a “sheen” and “high-light” and...... that there are at least 7 others in “get more themes”.

For the NEW USER to Linux, the reason that the others in “get more themes” are not in the default themes is that there IS the possibility of things not working correctly.

Now, will they ‘break” your system? Almost certainly not, otherwise they would not all have downloads in the several hundreds range ( which is large btw).

However, your particular monitor / resolution, may interact with a particular theme in an odd way. I remember a "red" theme that I d/ld a long time ago, this was with an old CRT monitor, and the "windows" exploded, literally off the monitor, I had to "click in the dark" to close stuff and then get back to settings. But, it didn't "break" the system, just didn't interact with it well.

ALSO for the new person; “mixing and matching” things like different buttons with themes can sometimes cause odd results, and because of that, there are sometimes warnings which will pop up.

One can, indeed, mix and match, but one should also heed the warnings.

So…...one may not be able to interact with Linus Torvalds about something in the kernel, but one CAN really tweak the Xenial desktop to get it somewhat away from the metro look

If there are any questions, please ask.

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!
Working...
X