Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you use the KDE dashboard menu system? comments?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you use the KDE dashboard menu system? comments?

Hi
    This is a follow on from a thread by "digyourownhole", in which I might have hijacked his thread! :0

I'm going to spend the next "while" putting the "dashboard" menu system through it's paces on a high powered physical system using the latest Wiley and latest Plasma.

I would REALLY, and I think that others would also, like to read your comments, good and bad, about the KDE Dashboard.

Not the Unity dashboard.

So.........

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

I'm assuming you mean the Application Dashboard. I like it, it feels like what Microsoft should've done when they created the Start Screen; a transparent overlay with favorites, application categories/submenus, and programs within those submenus arranged in a way that's easy to quickly find what you're looking for, not that tile-filled garbage they designed instead.

Comment

It's covering my work and so far I see no advantages over a well structured classic menu.
      Similarly I've never liked icons on the desktop because they get covered, here it's similar.

Additional to the menu, I have assigned keyboard short cuts to all important apps.
      The most important are Meta+z for a konsole and Meta+d for Dolphin.
      In Dolphin I navigate to a file and click it to open in the associated application.

Comment

If you are meaning the dash that pops down when you press Alt+F2 ... for me it's the one thing in KDE I almost never use. I've just never felt the need for it at all.
        Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
        Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

Well, I tried, it's really OK, one can find his way around quickly. But I still prefer the menu.
          Especially as I have put time in tweaking it's appearance

Comment

Never use it.

Comment

Don't use it. Start Menu has always been for me, especially with Homerun Kicker in place!

Comment

Working...
              X