This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gnome Hearts stopped working in Kubuntu 14.04

I tend to mix and match to get the apps I want and among the things I always add to Kubuntu is Gnome Hearts (because there's no native KDE version of the game). A couple of days ago, following a routine software update, Hearts has stopped working. It still works ok on my Xubuntu 14.04 machine but will no longer run in Kubuntu.

Originally posted by eldergeek View Post
    A couple of days ago, following a routine software update, Hearts has stopped working. It still works ok on my Xubuntu 14.04 machine but will no longer run in Kubuntu.
    I suggest starting it in a konsole. You might get a message that gives a clue.

Regards, John Little
    Regards, John Little

Comment

I did as you suggested and tried to run gnome-hearts from a terminal. This was the output:

$ gnome-hearts

(process:2430): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::sm-connect after class was initialised

(process:2430): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::show-crash-dialog after class was initialised

(process:2430): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::display after class was initialised

(process:2430): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::default-icon after class was initialised

(gnome-hearts:2430): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: g_dbus_connection_call_sync_internal: assertion 'interface_name != NULL && g_dbus_is_interface_name (interface_name)' failed
      Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I also discovered today that gedit isn't working either. I tried running it too from a terminal. This was the output:

$ gedit

(gedit:2446): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: g_dbus_connection_call_sync_internal: assertion 'interface_name != NULL && g_dbus_is_interface_name (interface_name)' failed
      Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Comment

Not sure why its crashing but may i suggest trying Pysol . You can find it in the repos for 14.04 the package name is "pysolfc" .
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
        X