X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Triple monitors

Hello,

Every once in a while, I do something so amazing I surprise even myself. One time I deleted KDE. But today I disabled all my monitors through the System Settings -> Display and Monitor. But only when I have three monitors plugged in. If I unplug the third, the settings revert and both displays work as I wish.

My question is simple: How do I edit the three monitor setting with one of them unplugged?

I'm running 14.04 64-bit with a Radeon HD7870. One monitor is via DVI-I, one through an active displayport adapter, one through a passive displayport adapter.

Thanks,
    John

Are you using the proprietary drivers?
    Try resetting the display layout there insted.

I recently had the system settings / display and monitor item break my 3 monitor setup in a similar way and could not seem to fix it there.
    Kubuntu 18.04 on AMD

Comment

The system auto-detects the last configuration when I plug in the third monitor and disables all of them making it impossible to change any settings. I have to find the config files. I'm not using an xorg.conf, so I can't edit that and I don't know where the new files are.

Comment

Ah well try maybe fixing it with 'ARandR'
        One way with it you may be able to save a config for the 3 mon and then run/apply it after they are connected.
        Kubuntu 18.04 on AMD

Comment

I have xrandr installed, not arandr, but I don't know how to make it change the properties of a monitor that isn't there...

Comment

Not sure what I did. I was mashing the Al+Ctrl F2-F7 and reset the display outputs. It works now.

Comment

Working...
            X