X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[KDE] How to Change the Plasma Theme ion Kubuntu 14.04

Hi there,
    I have installed Kubuntu 14.04 and have used it for several weeks now. Still trying to learn the ropes. I'm Trying to install the Helium Theme. I installed this theme through the get new themes button in settings. Helium Shows up and I click it and click apply, but it only affects the Taskbar (the panel where the kickoff button is). I really want that transparent look to a few of my apps but Can't figure out what in the world I have to do? A nice tutorial would be great if possible. Thanks in advance for any help at all!

Running KDE Platform version 4.13.3

RogerDodger1227

KDE's Holy (?) Trinity

KDE4

Plasma

The desktop widgets (plasma widgets/plasmoids) are using the plasma/desktop theme.

System Settings > Workspace Appearance > Desktop Theme

Window decorations

The appearance of window borders, titlebars and buttons.

You will need an engine and a theme.

System Settings > Workspace Appearance > Window Decorations

KDE Style

The elements of a graphical user interface, such as buttons, scrollbars, tabs, and menus.

You will need an engine and a theme.

System Settings > Appication Appearance > Style > Applications

...I really want that transparent look to a few of my apps but Can't figure out what in the world I have to do?...

A decoration&style: oxygen-transparent: http://kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=127752
    Description:Oxygen style and decoration with support for transparency (see screenshots).

This is an official branch of the KDE oxygen style. It is kept in sync with the official oxygen style, and adds support of full transparency on the windows.

The style and the decoration are named "Oxygen Transparent" and appear as such in KDE's system settings (in both the applications and workspace appearance pages).
    Try Me !

Comment

Working...
    X