X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[KDE] Pure KDE?

Hi,

I'm hoping that there is a simple solution. When I install Kubuntu, I get LibreOffice, Firefox, and a lot of other items that are non-KDE. I know that there is a pure KDE distro out there (Chakra OS), but it does not install cleanly - UEFI is difficult and LVM is not supported.

My question is: Is there a simple way in Kubuntu, to get a pure KDE desktop with no GTK-based applications?

Thanks!

I would say just uninstall what you do not want ,,,,,,install what you do want .

I do not think their is all that much non KDE stuff in hear by default ,,,,,,but I don't much care if it works .

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Kubuntu ships with Firefox for a reason. You will likely run into issues with Konqueror or Rekonq, and the Qt-based browsers, on various sites.

Comment

I wouldnt worry about it too much. Use what works. If you force yourself to only use KDE/Qt applications, you will be missing out on some great Linux applications.

Comment

you can get better performance from Konqueror if you switch the "Default Web Browser Engine " from "KHTML" to "WebKit",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

VINNY
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

You have taken the first step.

woodsmoke

Comment

Double post
              Last edited by otisklt; Aug 04, 2015, 09:04 PM. Reason: nerf
              Kubuntu 18.04 on AMD

Comment

You can also use muon package manager and install more of the default KDE packages that are available in the repos... some are grouped so picking one may select several.
                Kubuntu 18.04 on AMD

Comment

Once firefox and libreoffice and the gtk themes/icons are gone, you are "pure kde", unless you get super duper nit picky about non-gui python bits and library files specific to *buntu

What are some of these many other items?

Comment

Well Muon package manager gives you a nice KDE category that shows what you have installed and what you dont.
                    There is quite a few KDE packages not installed... and sure some is just debug/source/languages but needed or not they are there in the repos.
                    Kubuntu 18.04 on AMD

Comment

Working...
                    X