Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fix for Akonadi personal information management service is not operational?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fix for Akonadi personal information management service is not operational?

I am trying again to move my calendar to my main desktop machine running 14.04 Kubuntu
    I recently moved my home directory to a separate disk on that machine but not on my netbook.

After some week's absence I tried to start Kontact and got an error message for the first time.
    Details:
    KDE libs 4.13.3, Qt4.8.6, Kernel 3.13.0-57-generic, 64bit
    I get the error message when starting Kontact: "The Akonadi personal information management service is not operational."
    I googled and looked at both KDE forum posts over the years and kubuntuforums. I did not find a path in which I have confidence.

I also am running 32 bit Kubuntu 14.04 on a netbook and Kontact is working fine there. It is syncing with Google calendar.
    I update packages from the Kubuntu repository about once a week on both systems.

The Kontact self-test report complains about MySQL log errors, Akonadi control and server process not registered at D-Bus, No resource agents, Current & Recent Akonadi server logs not found.
    I will attach Kontact Akonadi fail report.txt with the self-test report and the results of running both akonadictl status and akonadictl start in the terminal.

I want to fix the problem, not remove Akonadi, etc.
    I hope this issue has become clear enough that some step by step fix has been developed.
    Neon 18.04.1 User on desktop and on Asus Transformer 3 Pro laptop

attached self-test report, etc.

"The Kontact self-test report complains about MySQL log errors, Akonadi control and server process not registered at D-Bus, No resource agents, Current & Recent Akonadi server logs not found.
    I will attach Kontact Akonadi fail report.txt with the self-test report and the results of running both akonadictl status and akonadictl start in the terminal."

I now attached the self-test report and the results of running both akonadictl status and akonadictl start in the terminal
    Attached Files
    Neon 18.04.1 User on desktop and on Asus Transformer 3 Pro laptop

Comment

Working...
    X