This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PLASMA 5] No option to attach windows as tabs

One of the most endearing features of my 14.10 KDE desktop was the ability to attach a window as a tab to another window. After installing 15.04 I can't do that any more. Quick searches on line have been fruitless, except reading in another forum that somebody else has the same problem. This is not the only disappointing thing (I kept my /home folder intact, so I hoped, for example, that stuff like wallpapers and widgets would transfer, but no such luck - however, I suppose that if I sit down when I have time and reconstruct them that will be all that's needed), but it sure is the top, at least for now. Does anybody know how to solve this? Thank you.

only the "oxygen" window decoration has this ability "adding as tab"

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I heard about that, and I quickly changed the theme to Oxygen, but nothing happened

Comment

Kwin, the window manager portion of KDE, does not (yet) support this
        https://community.kde.org/Plasma/5.3...ssing_features

Comment

That sure explains it. Is there a way to pull back to a previous Plasma where this would work?

Comment

as for now I guess you would half to go back to 14.04 or 14.10

VINNY
            i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
            16GB RAM
            Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Wow. I sure hoped I didn't need to do that, but, hey, that's how it is. At least, now I know that I don't really want to update my main laptop that's still nicely running 14.10 Thanks to everybody, I greatly appreciated your insight.

Comment

Working...
              X