Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disabling Online Search Results in Application Launcher?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Disabling Online Search Results in Application Launcher?

Just installed 15.04 and am really enjoying KDE's latest. My question: Whenever I search for an app in the Application Launcher, the results are an utter confusion of links, docs, videos, online search results(?), etc...

I've tried changing this in System Settings (Plasma Search) but nothing's working.

I only want to see applications in the "Application" Launcher. How do I get that? Thanks. :-)

Not sure about Launcher, but Menu has settings to turn off items for "Recent" and "Search".

Comment

Great. Thanks! I was just discovering that as well. But now I can't figure out how to get the Menu onto the Panel. I used to be able to drag it onto the panel, but that's not working?

Comment

To switch from Launcher to Menu?

Right click the K, Alternatives.

Comment

Too late. I removed the widget. The K is gone from the panel, and I can't seem to add the new widget to the panel?

Edit: Okay, the process is a little buggy it seems. I was able to add the Launcher *back* to the panel (though not the menu). Once the launcher was back, I was able to choose "alternative". A little bit of a workaround, I guess?
          Last edited by vtpoet; May 10, 2015, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vtpoet View Post
            A little bit of a workaround, I guess?
            I think they are secretly trying discourage us menu people.

Comment

Hmmm... Is there also a secret plot meant to discourage the use of the meta (Window) key to launch menus? I'm feeling paranoid. I've used Netrunner in the past. Even if the Window key is a modifier, they seem to make it all work. Would you happen to know the secret?

Comment

Not other than play around in System Settings > Keyboard Shortcuts.

I do most everything via Krunner, Alt+F2, so I don't have a feel for what might have changed in Plasma 5 or what magic Netrunner does.

Comment

Working...
                X