X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] How take screenshot without delay time

Hello everyone
    I'm new here and i have problem on screenshot on KDE. i use Ksnapshot for take screenshot but it have two step for screenshot , how i can setup it take screenshot like ubuntu ?

If you press Print Screen do you not get the KSnapShot window immediately with the current desktop shown? That's a single step.
    The delay time is a different feature - you can set "snapshot delay" to "no delay" to achieve that.

If you don't have a shortcut key assigned yet you can do this through System Settings.
    I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

If you press Print Screen do you not get the KSnapShot window immediately with the current desktop shown?
      Yes, it shown but i must manual save as screenshot . i set Snapshot delay on No delay but it need save as again.

Comment

it takes the snapshot when you press the button then you can either save that snapshot or open it with another program
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Originally posted by Baymax View Post
          Yes, it shown but i must manual save as screenshot .
          Ah, so do you want to have a screenshot saved immediately (with a default name in the default folder, obviously) without showing a dialogue? I didn't know the Ubuntu equivalent could work this way.
          I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Originally posted by SecretCode View Post
            Ah, so do you want to have a screenshot saved immediately (with a default name in the default folder, obviously) without showing a dialogue? I didn't know the Ubuntu equivalent could work this way.
            Yes, i do . ubuntu and fedora take screenshot without showing a dialogue. kde must do somthing for it .

Comment

I can see where this would be useful. You can always file a feature request for that functionality. If you decide to do so, make sure you list an example user-case as to why this feature would be helpful.

https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?bug...ormat=specific
              ​"Keep it between the ditches"
              K*Digest Blog
              K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by dequire View Post
                I can see where this would be useful. You can always file a feature request for that functionality. If you decide to do so, make sure you list an example user-case as to why this feature would be helpful.

https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?bug...ormat=specific
                Ok Thanks , it seems KDE haven't this feature . Do you know any app for take screenshot without dialogue ?

Comment

Ksnapshot

Q button

Bug 324382 - WISHLIST: Ksnapshot 'autosave' button, or faster saving process: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=324382
                  Katz 2015-01-23 21:24:31 UTC

Looking at the source of ksnapshot-4.14.3, I found the undocumented feature: Pressing "Q" generates a new file name and saves the screenshot without opening the save dialog.
                  1. start the ksnapshot
                  2. the 'q' will take new full screen snapshot without questions

dbus

A quick presentation of D-BUS-based automation: http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/lin...ed-automation/

A practical example: automating screenshot captures

...the code uses qdbus to set the Grab mode to Window, whole screen, or rectangular area, as specified by the user, and then grabs the snapshot and saves it in the file called $NAME...
                  1. start the powtrix (ksnapshot script) with the option window/screen/area
                  2. pick the window/screen/area
                  3. the image will saved to the ~/snapshoots/ without questions
                  Last edited by Wheel Inventor; Feb 12, 2015, 11:49 AM.

Comment

You can take "instant" screenshots with scrot (for example):

1. Install "scrot" if not installed
                    2. create your custom shortcut in SystemSettings>Shortcuts>InputActions
                    For example:
                    shortcut: alt+printscr
                    command: scrot ~/shots/%Y-%m-%d-%T.png
                    (this command will take a screenshot and save it as ~/shots/YEAR-MM-DD-TIME.png when you press alt+printscr...there are other options for scrot available, see 'man scrot')

EDIT: Wheel Inventor beat me to it, let this be a third possible method
                    Last edited by kubicle; Feb 12, 2015, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kubicle View Post
                      You can take "instant" screenshots with scrot (for example):

1. Install "scrot" if not installed
                      2. create your custom shortcut in SystemSettings>Shortcuts>InputActions
                      For example:
                      shortcut: alt+printscr
                      command: scrot ~/shots/%Y-%m-%d-%T.png
                      (this command will take a screenshot and save it as ~/shots/YEAR-MM-DD-TIME.png when you press alt+printscr...there are other options for scrot available, see 'man scrot')

EDIT: Wheel Inventor beat me to it, let this be a third possible method
                      Thank you it work.

Comment

Working...
                      X