X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get Hot New Stuff - System Settings - "Network Error [203]"

Hello everybdoy!

I am back at Kubuntu after 8 months or so with Elementary OS. Feels refreshing to be back together with plasma but I have since a couple of days been struggling with a minor, but yet so annoying, problem.

In System Settings whenever I want to browse Color Schemes, Icons, Desktop Themes etc etc I am met by an error down in the little poped up browser window saying "Network Error (203)".

I when I launch System Settings from Konsole I see: systemsettings(7728) KPixmapSequence::Private::loadSequence: Invalid framesize.

It occurs in Konsole every time I try to browse for anything from the System Settings so I figure it must be connected to the 'network error' that I am getting.

I don't use any proxy servers or anything special in my settings and I can access OpenDesktop.org just fine from my web browsers.

Any ideas?

Advanced merry xmas!

/hackan

what ver. of Kubuntu ?

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
      what ver. of Kubuntu ?

VINNY
      14.10, all up to date.

Comment

The 'Get Hot New Stuff' is actually connecting to www.kde-look.org for it's content. Sometimes it is broken or unreliable on their end, and we can't browse for things using the built-in tools we have. Not much we can do until they fix whatever it is that broke.

I noticed it was down a couple days ago, though some things, such as icon packs and dolphin service menus seem to be working on my right now.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
          The 'Get Hot New Stuff' is actually connecting to www.kde-look.org for it's content. Sometimes it is broken or unreliable on their end, and we can't browse for things using the built-in tools we have. Not much we can do until they fix whatever it is that broke.

I noticed it was down a couple days ago, though some things, such as icon packs and dolphin service menus seem to be working on my right now.
          I don't know, I can access things on kde-look.org just fine as well, so it doesn't seem to be a serverside problem to me.

Comment

It's on the backend. It happens on occasion over the years. I did use it successfully in the last week or so, and then it stopped working, with no updates relating to the ghns alerts as far as I can see, and it is happening on both kde4 and plasma 5 here .

Sent from my Verizon HTC Droid DNA smartphone running an HTC One m7 Google Play Edition Rom with Android 5 Lollipop, via Tapatalk --as if phone stats really matter, the phone is outdated, lol!

Comment

It's on the backend. It happens on occasion over the years. I did use it successfully in the last week or so, and then it stopped working, with no updates relating to the ghns alerts as far as I can see, and it is happening on both kde4 and plasma 5 here .

Sent from my Verizon HTC Droid DNA smartphone running an HTC One m7 Google Play Edition Rom with Android 5 Lollipop, via Tapatalk --as if phone stats really matter, the phone is outdated, lol!
              Ah ok, first time I see it happening on KDE (as far as I can remember at least) so I assumed it was something with my machine.

Great then, thanks for the enlightenment :-)

Comment

Well, it is working everywhere in 14.10 for me now, but not in plasma 5, so it could well be a bug

Comment

Well, it is working everywhere in 14.10 for me now, but not in plasma 5, so it could well be a bug
                  Hm, I am still getting the same error. Maybe it could be a geographical issue as well... if indeed this isn't something which is just happening on my machine.

Comment

Network error. (203) still happening, Plasma5 on vervet.
                    Never has worked for me, but the error message has changed in the newer plasma5 release.

Comment

Bug 342172 - System Settings Add-On Installer Fails: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=342172
                      Bug 341334 - Problem fetching kde artwork from download.kde.org/ocs/providers.xml: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=341334

Comment

Working...
                      X