X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[KDE] Kwin Problems in XBMC

Hello there,

I've got a computer using kubuntu x64 and sometimes XBMC gets frozen and I have to restart or suddenly XBMC exists to operative system desktop. I think it is a KDE problem since it sometimes shows an error like "KWIN destop manager failed".

Information about the system:

-Intel J1900 CPU with integrated Intel graphics.
    -Kubuntu 14.10
    -XBMC 13.2 using skin Aeon NOX 4.1.9.9 and also Amber

I know it's little information but perhaps the problem is I have to install some different drivers or it's a normal problem with kubuntu and I should go to another distro (kde is not know by its stability as far as I'm concerned).

Regards

it may/may not be the skin you have set in xbmc ,,,,,,,,,the standard confluence works well @hear

or may/may not be you have to meney desktop effects turned on or some that dont work well with the intel integrated graphics ,,,,,,,, blur is one that comes to mind .

KDE has been rock soled stable for me for many years

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I would suggest trying to disable Desktop Effects for full screen windows, and maybe check different settings for video rendering in XBMC. Not knowing which specific gpu you have, but in leaning towards xbmc settings as a first place to try tweaking things.

Sent from my Verizon HTC Droid DNA smartphone running an HTC One m7 Google Play Edition Rom with Android 5 Lollipop, via Tapatalk --as if phone stats really matter, the phone is outdated, lol!

Comment

Working...
      X