X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Share folders with Windows, can't access

Hi,
    i want to share a folder with a windows 7 pc (linux pc is kubuntu 14.04)

I used the right klick menu in dolphin on that folder -> properties -> share
    there i select: share with samba and chose one user to give him full access

switching to my windows pc go to network, there i find the shared folder
    when i connect i get promted with a username and password dialog, but when i type in the username and passwort of the user i granted full access i get rejected every time

Any suggestion? (i'm thankfull for every advise ^^)

ps: when i enable "allow Guests" and give "Everyone" access i can access the folder from windows, but that's not what i want ..

I've had the same problem here. As you said you either can't access the folder from Windows at all or you have to allow anyone access and it's then OK (but of course, that's a security risk).

My solution was to install system-config-samba (GUI for managing samba shares and users). This neat utility makes it easy to manage samba shares and you can set the permissions, etc exactly as you want.

Search for it in Muon or use a terminal to install: sudo apt-get install system-config-samba
    Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
    Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

ok will try it tomorrow
      thanks ^^

edit: it works! thanks again

Comment

Working...
      X