This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skype Not Working

I am in Australia and my ISP is Telstra bigpond.

I am using latest version of Kubuntu. I can not seem to get autodectet proxy server working with it. It was working on windows. But now moved to lunix.

Not sure what to do?

Note step #3 in this procedure: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1...a-proxy-server
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

im also in Australia, with Internode.

are you using a proxy?
      which proxy? is it local Lan?

my experience with Kubuntu 14.4 lts and proxies is that it's bugged.

I have squid on local lan and i have put proxy settings in KDE control panel, it worked fine,
      but when the squid server was down turning off KDE proxy would not stop applications trying to connect through said proxy.
      all applications seemed to look for that proxy even if it was turned off in KDE control panel, even wget.

as for skype, i would not use a proxy for it if you can,
      thats just my 5cents

ps. please dont say lunix again
      K 14.4 64 AMD 955be3200MHz 8GB 1866Mhz 6TB Plex/samba.etc.+ Macbook Air 13".

Comment

Originally posted by millusions View Post
        I have squid on local lan and i have put proxy settings in KDE control panel, it worked fine,
        but when the squid server was down turning off KDE proxy would not stop applications trying to connect through said proxy.
        all applications seemed to look for that proxy even if it was turned off in KDE control panel, even wget.
        Really? when you turn off the proxy, what's the output of
        Code:
        env | grep proxy

Comment

i cant do it anymore, it happened a couple of months ago on my laptop. which went away on warranty and didnt come back..

i should have posted it here as it was probably something i may have not done right....
          and i dont remember what i did to fix it...
          ended up just using proxy in firefox settings etc
          K 14.4 64 AMD 955be3200MHz 8GB 1866Mhz 6TB Plex/samba.etc.+ Macbook Air 13".

Comment

Working...
          X