Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Additional users can't resize windows, borders missing, title and controls missung.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[KDE] Additional users can't resize windows, borders missing, title and controls missung.

I need help and a bit of patience. I'm a newbie to Kubuntu, have some reasonable knowledge of Linux. Brought up wish M$ OSs but deciding to transition to Ubunntu.

Ok.... I've done on another computer a fresh install of Kubuntu 12.0x from a CD I had and then performed a full distribution upgrade and all apps updated. All that went fine. The initial user on install cot created fine. Everything appears fine until additional users are created. Can be Administrative or normal. It does not matter.

For every additional user when any program is started under KDE then the the window that is created is nailed to the top left of the desktop. The title bar is missing. The window border is missing. It is impossible to move the window away from the top left of the desktop and all windows are forced on top of what's already there.

I have done the same on a Samsung RV510 laptop where the install worked perfectly using the same method as described above and also on my Windows 7 PC where I've installed Kubuntu 14.04 directly from the latest ISO so a distribution upgrade step was not required.

I think this will be some simple back-end configuration change as for new accounts it seems the incorrect new-user default setting are being applied to new accounts.

The question is where do I need to look and what do I need to do to fix this? If anyone can assist, would be awesome. Got a feeling a number of other people may find any fix to this helpful.

taking a box from 12.04 to 14.04 is a large leap in software ,,,,, it can be done but depends a lot on how , what was allready upgraded , what was allready installed ,ect ect,

I would suggest doing a clean install with your 14.04 DVD/USB .

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
    X