X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chromium/Chrome effects/graphics issues

Hello!

Im newbie in Kubuntu and I have a problem with chromium/chrome.

Im running Kubuntu 14.04 64 bit in Vmware Workstation 10 and I have issues when I open chromium or chrome (I tested both, and 32/64 bit versions).
    I got graphics glitches and window decorations blink.
    I have uploaded some screenshots but is worst in live:

Kubuntu is a new installation. I have upgraded system and same problem.

Thanks you,
    Manolo

PS: If I disable all effects (Alt + Shift + F12) works fine, but I lose all effects and transparency .

Did you install the VMWare Tools into the VM?

Comment

Hello SteveRiley,

Yes I have installed VMWare tools.

The problem appears when I open chrome, if not all works fine.

Comment

Chrome is much more than just a browser -- it incorporates its own networking stack and its own graphics compositor. (This is one reason why I've given up on that browser entirely. I don't like it when other software wants to replace parts of my operating system.)

Chrome has a number of settings that allow you to override various default behaviors. You'll need to Google for how to get to that page -- I've forgotten. Once there, try selectively disabling settings that control graphics hardware acceleration. It will likely require some experimentation to find the right combination.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
          Chrome is much more than just a browser -- it incorporates its own networking stack and its own graphics compositor. (This is one reason why I've given up on that browser entirely. I don't like it when other software wants to replace parts of my operating system.)
          I noticed the same thing. It also prevents you from doing common stuff like downloading YouTube or other videos, or of opening online PDF files reliably. It's as if it were playing cop and slapping your hands if it disapproved. That's why I removed it as well.

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
          Chrome has a number of settings that allow you to override various default behaviors. You'll need to Google for how to get to that page -- I've forgotten. Once there, try selectively disabling settings that control graphics hardware acceleration. It will likely require some experimentation to find the right combination.
          I could never fine tune it the way I do FireFox. And, when you try to find extensions or add-ons you are faced with the same hand slaps that Chrome itself administers.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
          X