This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[DESKTOP] Freezing at first 'Kubuntu' screen after updating nVidia drvers

I have just installed Kubuntu successfully. It was running smoothly then I updated graphics driver for nVidia and network drivers for brodcom and started system updates and updated with all updates. after installing all system updated I restarted the system but it's freezing at first screen where only 'Kubuntu' logo with blank screen. After some minutes its showing blank screen.

Please provide help.

press escape to get rid of the logo and see what's actually happening...

probably should do apt-get dist upgrade before installing Nvidia
    K 14.4 64 AMD 955be3200MHz 8GB 1866Mhz 6TB Plex/samba.etc.+ Macbook Air 13".

Comment

Originally posted by millusions View Post
      press escape to get rid of the logo and see what's actually happening...

probably should do apt-get dist upgrade before installing Nvidia
      I tried but it didn't work.

I removed installed nVidia drivers installed on my laptop. I am having nVidia GeForce 540M-GT and Intel HD inbuilt in my laptop. I am not sure why its breaking after getting latest nVidia drivers. It should work even more better with latest updates.

Can you tell me how to update with latest drivers without any issue?

Thanks

Comment

Up or down arrow as soon as you see the logo should give you a text list of startup actions before the freeze maybe.
        The driver support for that dual card laptop configuration is still quite young.

See this post for reference: https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...ightDM-Crashes
        Kubuntu 18.04 on AMD

Comment

Working...
        X