X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] KDE Menu Editor trouble

Hi guys,

I have a feeling its going to be something simple but cant seem top work it out myself.

I was trying to add the Ctrl+T shortcut to open Konsol and noticed that under KDE Menue Editor every thing below comment in the general tab is greyed out and also everything in the advanced tab.

Cheers.

If I understand what you want to do you would set this up in >> System Settings >> Shortcuts and Gestures >> Custom Shortcuts.
    Make sure you have Kmenuedit highlighted and then click edit near the bottom >> new >> Global Shortcut >> K-menu entry.

Or you can install Yakuake and hit F12 to bring up a konsole.

Comment

Originally posted by rucker222 View Post
      I was trying to add the Ctrl+T shortcut to open Konsol and noticed that under KDE Menue Editor every thing below comment in the general tab is greyed out and also everything in the advanced tab.
      That's odd. It's fine for me. What does it show for the "Command" entry? I'm assuming konsole, but is that grayed out? And the other choices below that, such as "Enable launch feedback" are all grayed out? What happens if you simply add a new entry for konsole?
      Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Solved

Ok,

I am feeling a little foolish now as I've found what my problem was... turns out I had selected Terminal Applications not Konsole...

OOps all working perfectly now I have actually selected the correct thing!

Comment

Hey, a happy ending is a happy ending, right?!
          Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Working...
          X