This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Desktop theme icons won't apply fully

Hello! I'm not really advanced in KDE, so can't figure out this thing. I applied the desktop theme with icons, and icons for network manager won't apply. I checked in usr/share/kde4/apps/desktoptheme/openSUSE/icons network.svgz (the name of the icon set is the same for default theme) is present there, but somehow it won't apply.
    So far on system tray this icon looks like in the default theme:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_002.png
Views:	1
Size:	5.2 KB
ID:	648732

But it has to look like so:

Name:	Selection_001.png
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	648733

I'd really appreciate any help Thanks
    Last edited by Ksiencha; Aug 31, 2014, 11:28 AM.

Newer versions of the plasma-nm widget will use icons from "plasma-networkmanagement2.svgz"

Does your theme have that?

Comment

It has plasma-networkmanagement.svgz (and also plasma-nm.svgz), but it's not plasma-networkmanagement2.svgz. So does that mean it won't work?

Comment

wohoo! it works! I just renamed plasma-networkmanagement.svgz to plasma-networkmanagement2.svgz, logged out/in and it's there.
        Thank you!

Comment

However, the icons in the nm itself disappeared:

Name:	Selection_003.png
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	642426

I was trying to find those icons in the default theme so that I could copy theme to the opeSUSE theme, but I can't seem to find theme anywhere.
          P.S. Those red circles and dashes on the screenshot is just for demonstration of those places where icons should be

Comment

plasma-networkmanagement2.svgz and plasma-networkmanagement.svgz aren't fully compatible (that's why the name was changed)

These svg files have multiple icons on different layers, the newer plasma-networkmanagement2.svgz has over 100 different icons (you can see a preview of all the icons on one theme I made for myself here http://kde-look.org/content/show.php...content=133300 [3rd screenshot]), and not all them are available in older plasma-networkmanagement.svgz files in older themes (and some icons might be named differently).

So if you just rename the older svgz file you're going to miss some icons.
            Last edited by kubicle; Aug 31, 2014, 11:10 AM.

Comment

hm... it's a pity. ok, I guess I'll stick with the default theme if this one annoys me
              Thank you

Comment

Do you think it's ok if I mark this thread as Solved?

Comment

You started the thread, so it is your call as to marking it Solved or not.

Welcome to Kubuntu Forums . Net.
                  Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                  "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

ok then. thx, dude

Comment

Working...
                    X