X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[KDE] Kubuntu KDE / OSX theme / help me, please

Hello everyone, i'm new on this forum so i hope i post in the right section
    I checked a few days ago a nice video about Kubuntu, with OS X interface. But i don't know if this files are available for the newer KDE.
    Would you, please, help me ?
    Here is the video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_S4Uw3czvg
    Is pretty old, about 4 years.
    And here is the link with those files :
    http://drykanz.wordpress.com/2010/06...e-en-mac-os-x/

I sent a pm to the owner of this video, but i never got an answer back.
    Unfortunately the link with the files is in spanish, so i don't understand to much.
    I did check many OSX interfaces for KDE, on http://kde-look.org/ but none of them looks so nice like this on from the video.
    Any advices are welcome, thanks in advance.

some of that stuff is using the older items that kubuntu no longer uses .

you can use this http://kde-look.org/content/show.php...content=164757

or

use these instead.

Widget Theme(be sure to install the package "qtcurve") and then use this theme for it.
    Under System Settings -> Application Apperance -> Style . set your theme to QtCurve and use the configure button to load the style you downloaded above.

Color Scheme: System Settings -> Application Apperance-> Colors-> get new stuff . search for "Bart OsX" (link

Icons: System Settings-> Application Apperance-> Icons -> Get New. Search for "leo-like-icons". use that theme (link

make gtk apps conform System Settings : Application Apperance -> GTK select qtcurve for the gtk2 and gtk3 theme. also select leo like icons for icon theme.

Window Borders: System Settings -> Workspace Apperance -> Window Decorations -> Get New . search for "osx" pick install both use the one you like.

Cursor Theme: System Settings -> Workspace Apperance -> Cursor Theme -> Get New . Search for "osx" pick one there are a few . install them all see what you like ..

Plasma Theme: System Settings -> Workspace Apperance -> Desktop Theme -> Get New. search for "osx" there are quite a few or install. dont look for tibana the theme used in teh linked page its not there.

Splash Theme: Leopard Osx you need to manually install it.. Download the theme you like for its kde-look page. Extract the resulting tar.gz file to ~/.kde/share/apps/ksplash/Themes. you can then select the theme in System Settings -> Workspace Apperance -> Splash Screen

tip: use
    Code:
    tar -xzvf <fileName> <path to extract to>
    to extract tar.gz files easily (Pressing F4 will open a terminal in dolphin at your current path)

you can do the log in two ways..
    Change the Lightdm Background : system settings -> login screen(lightdm) change the background image to a mac like one.

OR

Log in theme using kdm: (install kdm and set it as defalut dm when asked) and download the leopard theme (here. after you download it you need to extract the file and place it (as root) in /usr/share/kde4/apps/kdm/themes/
    (use sudo tar -xzvf <filename> /usr/share/kde4/apps/kdm/themes/ to extract)
    Once installed you can use (System Settings->Login Screen -> Theme) to select it

you can then try to install compiz but its not recommended . instead set up your desktop effects in system settings -> desktop effects.
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Thank you very very much, sithlord48.
      I'll give it a try later
      How are your fonts looking ? Clear ? Blurry ? What monitor do you have ? resolution, etc
      What do you think about Infinality, for fonts rendering ?

Comment

my fonts look fine .. i have done nothing to them . screen res depends on device. i have from 1024x768 to 1920x1080. i have several monitors and a vizio tv all of them look fine.

check system settings-> application apperance -> fonts try antialising or forcing a DPI of 96

Comment

Could i try all this, on LIVE CD, first ??

Comment

Up

Comment

most of it yes. you wont' be able to test the kdm theme and splash theme.

Comment

Working...
              X