This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bottom Task Bar

I'm using Kubuntu Trusty. The Task Bar is at the Bottom. Fine. But unaccountably was duplicated at the top, taking the open programme tabs with it. How can I restore this, please? Thanks.

It is a plasma widget. Unlock your widgets, delete the one you do not want and drag and drop the other one where you want it. Adjust its height, width and position to suite, and add or remove and other widgets you may or may not want to it.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
      It is a plasma widget. Unlock your widgets, delete the one you do not want and drag and drop the other one where you want it. Adjust its height, width and position to suite, and add or remove and other widgets you may or may not want to it.
      Thanks for this, but the problrm is not individual widgets. I notice that the Bar at the top is called "Bottom Task Bar" It shows open programme tabs which should be at the bottom. The bar at the bottom shows the programme short cut icons.WHat do you think I should do? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Reg Kennedy View Post
        Thanks for this, but the problrm is not individual widgets. I notice that the Bar at the top is called "Bottom Task Bar" It shows open programme tabs which should be at the bottom. The bar at the bottom shows the programme short cut icons.WHat do you think I should do? Thanks.
        Drag the one at the bottom to the side, drag the "Bottom Task Bar" to the botton, drag icons from the former to the latter, or, delete the one at the bottom, drag the "Bottom Task Bar" to the bottom and add widgets and program Icons to it. I use the "QuickLauncher" widget on my bottom panel to contain the app icons I want to be able to have quick access to.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Likely your bottom panel is missing the Task Manager widget, which can be added back to it (right-click on the panel somewhere and select Panel Options >> Add Widgets. You might have to re-position it after adding it). Then simply delete the panel at the top if you didn't want it.

Another way is to completely delete the bottom panel, right-click on the desktop then select Add Panel >> Default Panel. This will give you a stock setup.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
            Likely your bottom panel is missing the Task Manager widget, which can be added back to it (right-click on the panel somewhere and select Panel Options >> Add Widgets. You might have to re-position it after adding it). Then simply delete the panel at the top if you didn't want it.

Another way is to completely delete the bottom panel, right-click on the desktop then select Add Panel >> Default Panel. This will give you a stock setup.
            Thanks so much. Success, even though I've now lost my Desktop app links! I've just moved from LinuxMint and I'm struggling a bit with Kubuntu. Most apps are no problem but could you bear to tell me how I create a widget for Home/reg/Idealist/ie32.exe? (This uses Wine).

Comment

Drag-and-drop should work here, but also check your start menu for a Wine section - IE (eeeewww!) might just have an entry there which you can right-click on to add it to the panel.

Comment

Drag-and-drop should work here, but also check your start menu for a Wine section - IE (eeeewww!) might just have an entry there which you can right-click on to add it to the panel.
                I'm sorry to say that this Idealist I use doesn't appear in the Wine list, but it opens with Wine. With Mint , a Right Click on the desktop gave me the option to make a launcher. But I'm floundering around now, wondering how to launch a Windows programm like Idealist without having to go the File Manager and clicking on the exe. Thanks. Reg

Comment

Try simply dragging the exe file to the panel or desktop.

Comment

Try simply dragging the exe file to the panel or desktop.
                    This worked!! Thank you so much. Reg.

Comment

Working...
                    X