This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KMail not downloading mail...

for the last 2 days KMail stopped downloading my mail...

A few things happen, which began, as far as I can tell by last download, around 2 am yesterday...

Right now at the bottom of the page, KMail states:
    Network connection detected, all network jobs resumed
    and the POP3 Account--POP3 Account of POP3 E-Mail Server box comes up stating:
    Please enter the username and password for the account 'POP3 Account.'
    You are asked here because the previouslogin was not successful.
    so I enter my username and password (which works on the ISP's email server login page) and is set in my KMail account as well...

Then nothing seems to happen...at the bottom right of the KMail page, the progress reads 0%

I'm not sure what else I need to post...it was working perfectly since I built the computer until now...

In Kmail check to see if the Idenity changed. you may need to reset the default Identity. Good Luck
    Dave Kubuntu 20.04 Registered Linux User #462608

Wireless Script: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...5#post12350385

Comment

it shows my original identity, but strangely, there is no longer a signature...it seems something must have been altered...

Should I create a new identity? Will that delete my emails?

Comment

...ok, so I did create a new identity with the Tools->Account Wizard using exactly what I had set up before and...now it's downloading emails, but via
        Accounts->Receiving->
        akonadi_pop3_resource_1
        instead of
        POP3 Account
        (which was the original account set up)...

how do I clean that up? Do I just delete the old POP3 Account

Comment

POP3 accounts typically don't store copies of email on servers. Once you download the mail with your client, the mail is deleted from the server. Thus, if you delete the account called "POP3 Account," you'll delete all the email there.

In the folder list (left-hand pane) of your KMail, do you see two accounts now, each with its own Inbox, Sent, etc.?

Comment

strangely, there is only one account...one Local Folders and one Inbox...and then subfolders of inbox...

My account seems to have had a glitch as the signature that I originally set up is no longer there either...

Comment

also...this may be related...

Occasionally, when I move a file from the inbox to a subfolder, I get a message that states that I have a new message in my inbox--in other words, KMail seems to move (or copy) the email back to the inbox from the subfolder...

Do these sound like bugs?

Comment

kmail stopped downloading mail from one of my two gmail accounts as well, after a lot of fuss and setting up my accounts again it still didnt work so i ditched it for tbird

Comment

so, I'm not sure if it was a bug in Akonadi or Kontact or KMail...but I now have created another account with exactly the same information and deleted the old account...and now it works...I still don't know what happened...

But--nearly every time (strangely, not every time) I move an email from the inbox to a subfolder (to save and file important emails), it appears back in the inbox as if I just received it--with a notification of new email message, as well...

therefore, I'm not sure if this post is truly 'solved'
                  Last edited by papapenguin; Jun 16, 2014, 11:05 AM. Reason: change word from 'save' to 'move'

Comment

If you:
                    1. Create a new account and set it as the default
                    2. Drag the contents of the Inbox and subfolders from the old account to the new account
                    3. Delete the old account
                    4. Close KMail
                    5. Log out and log back in to the desktop (to cleanly shut down and restart Akonadi)

Does everything return to normal?

Comment

Working...
                    X