This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Printer Configuration is Borked on Ver 14.04

Tried to install a wireless printer on a brand new installation of Kubuntu 14.04 i386 using Gutenprint from web browser localhost:631. The installation stalled part way through.

After a restart the web installer would not let me have access to the administrator section of the web installer (403 error)

I then tried to install the printer using the cups "Add Printer" in System settings and rather than display a list of available printers, after a few seconds I got the error message "Failed to get a list of Devices Invalid Argument".

After some digging and retries I tried:running kcmshell4 kcm_printer_manager
    and got the following information.

Error: "/var/tmp/kdecache-mac" is owned by uid 1000 instead of uid 0.
    Error: "/tmp/kde-mac" is owned by uid 1000 instead of uid 0.
    Error: "/tmp/ksocket-mac" is owned by uid 1000 instead of uid 0.
    kdeinit4: Shutting down running client.
    Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QStr ing,QString,QString)
    Error: "/tmp/ksocket-mac" is owned by uid 1000 instead of uid 0.
    QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
    QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
    kbuildsycoca4 running...
    add-printer(3295) KCupsConnection::retry: IPP_INTERNAL_ERROR: clearing cookies and reconnecting
    add-printer(3295) KCupsConnection::retry: Failed to reconnect Invalid argument
    Bus:pen: Can not get ibus-daemon's address.
    IBusInputContext::createInputContext: no connection to ibus-daemon
    add-printer(3295) KCupsConnection::retry: IPP_INTERNAL_ERROR: clearing cookies and reconnecting

Can someone interpret the above and lead me through a fix?
    If not, can I blow out whatever configuration files are damaged and force a rebuild of them without having to do a complete re-installation ?
    Step by step would be most appreciated.
    Volunteer OS Installer and Supporter for New Linux Users.
    So much to learn.... So little time!

Solved by re-installing all cups configuration files from repositories. Should have done that right away.
    Volunteer OS Installer and Supporter for New Linux Users.
    So much to learn.... So little time!

Comment

Working...
    X