This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug in KDE Network Manager handling of OVPN connection list

This appears to be a new issue as I do not see records of it having startpage-d this particular issue. I recently installed Kubuntu 14.04 on a new machine (Samsung ATIV 7 ultrabook). I did not observe the same problem with the network-manager in Ubuntu 12.04 (Lenovo S series) or Debian 7.5/gnome (same Samsung ATIV 7), thus believe this pertains to Kubuntu/KDE specifically. The network manager only shows a maximum of 3 "available" VPN connections under my wireless connection, whereas I have imported a couple of dozen. They are accessible and configured if I click "Edit" but that does not allow me to connect any of the ones that are not displayed by clicking on the network manager in the GUI. Has anyone else experienced this? It seems unlikely to be hardware related, and unless there is a configuration / user error I have made this may be a bug that needs to be reported to Kubuntu, KDE, or the maintainers of the network-manager. I will ask first and then make the report as required.

Have you scrolled through the displayed entries or dragged the widget window to a larger size to see everything?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Bug in KDE Network MAnager handling of OVPN connection list

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      Have you scrolled through the displayed entries or dragged the widget window to a larger size to see everything?
      Thank you for the quick response. Neither scrolling through the displayed entries nor resizing the widget works. It strictly displays just three VPN's and does not allow resizing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kubuntu1404_Singapore View Post
        Thank you for the quick response. Neither scrolling through the displayed entries nor resizing the widget works. It strictly displays just three VPN's and does not allow resizing.
        OK, I tried it again - USER ERROR. There is no scroll function. But if I carefully position the mouse at the CORNER it does allow resizing. Not at the bottom though. This appears my fault. Although the designers may want to make this easier, never had trouble in another GUI on that. Thank you very much

Comment

Working...
        X