X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dolphin drive mount status indicators

Hi,

This has always nagged me about the Dolphin file manager... I can't ever make out whether a partition or drive is mounted in it. The authors decided to stick some labels that change depending on mounted/unmounted status but, unless I make those icons really big I can't ever distinguish... Every other file manager I have used (PCManFM, nautilus, nemo) adds an eject symbol for volumes/drives when they are mounted that is clearly visible, heck, even in the old KDE days (1.x, 2.x) a drive would simply get a green dot on the icon if it was mounted...

I have tried changing to various icon themes (tried some of the more complete ones) and that label chnaged, but it's still too damn small...

Is there any way to solve this problem without making Dolphin display icons that are large enough for my gran-gran to see from across the room?
    Last edited by silviucc; May 09, 2014, 08:03 AM.

The KDE is using emblem-mounted.png and emblem-unmounted.png. You could change them.

Older: Tuning the icon themes - https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...l=1#post289332

At here:
    right click the: emblem-mounted.png -> action: 'Replace Icon Theme Icon' and picking a new icon ( just a green square)
    right click the: emblem-unmounted.png -> action: 'Replace Icon Theme Icon' and picking a new icon ( just a blue square)

and with the new mounted/unmounted emblems:

----EDIT----

...and those who like tinker with the icons can draw better icons - or download the Oxygen svg sources and edit them...

Last edited by Rog132; May 09, 2014, 11:24 AM.
    A good place to start: Topic: Top 20 Kubuntu FAQs & Answers
    Searching FAQ's: Google Search 'FAQ from Kubuntuforums'

Comment

Working...
    X