• Time
  • Show
Clear All

[DESKTOP] Maximized windows borders.

Hi!
    Looong time looking for howto get rid of this:
    Maximized windows have no borders!!
    I WANT IT!!
    In some previous KDE's, there WAS an checkbox - something like "Maximized windows have borders".
    Few lastest KDE's dont have this?! WTF!

Also, if smaller window (ie konsole) is started to zero point of the screen, it dont have Top and Left border too!
    THIS IS OGLY!!!

Please HELP me someone!

...Or I get infarkt!

Bug 324011 - insert a "Display borders on maximized windows" setting: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=324011

Comment 19: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=324011#c19 and later

I'm unclear if this is fixed or not!

It _appears_ from reading this that the problem is whether or not borders appear on maximised windows, a patch has been committed (6 months ago) but this doesn't seem to be live in my distro (kubuntu).

Does this patch return then resize max'd windows functionality prior to 4.11.3?
    Is this patch accepted into 4.11.3?
    Is it reasonable to expect this fix to filter through to the mainstream distros?

Patch is in master -> "KDE 5"

It will allow you to have borders on maximized windows *for the oxygen decoration* what has nothing to do with the ability to resize the window.

But presumably borders on max'd windows is what I require to restore the prebious functionality (resize with left mouse button as for any other window)?

Will this be back ported to 4.11.3 or will it be necessary to jump between 4.10 and 5.xx to avoid this problem?

kde-workspace of SC4 is feature frozen.
    No new features nor user visible strings can be added.
    A good place to start: Topic: Top 20 Kubuntu FAQs & Answers
    Searching FAQ's: Google Search 'FAQ from Kubuntuforums'

Comment

Working...
    X