X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time Date jumps 3 days???

Howdy,
    I have noticed that the Time-Date is not working properly, and I have run out of ideas of what to try.
    If my Kubuntu 14 laptop goes to sleep it will(sometimes!) jump three(3) days. This is confusing since NTP is installed and active(or so it claims).
    The screen shot shows the Time-Date at April 27th 2014, Sunday 5:45PM EST(actual time/date for where I live).
    This Time-Date screw up only occurs after waking the laptop up. If it is left running the time will stay correct. Also this is a dul-boot Win8.1 box that works properly under W8 after waking from sleep.
    Now this wouldn't be as big a deal except that when Kubuntu screws up the time it sets the hardware clock wrong also.

My apology if this sounds confusing, but this is illogical at best. Please don't spam me about Localtime/UTC as that would only create a 4 hour offset and not change the date. If I set the BIOS time(as I did last night) after waking Kubuntu it sets the BIOS and system time to the incorrect time. The timezone is still proper(EST Localtime) on Kubuntu.
    Any thoughts would be appreciated,
    'hog
    Last edited by kubi-hog; Apr 27, 2014, 04:23 PM. Reason: link to screenie
Working...
X