X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONFIGURATION] Skype on Kubuntu 14.04

Hi all,

First of all I'm all new here on this forum. So, I have to find out things, like posting.

But, I have also a more serious problem. I have installed Skype and it's running quite well. But, my built-in mic of my webcam is not working. So far I can see Pulse Audio is the problem but I can't find a way to solve this problem. If I'm wrong I would appreciate some hulp from you guys...

Greetz,

Beun

Maybe it a way to configure mic anyhow. If everything fails, you can try the cheapest external mic. It helped me.
    Kubuntu 16.04 on two computers and Kubuntu 17.04 on DELL Latitude 13

Comment

Anything to do with 'a' sound channel missing has at least a chance of getting sorted running by pavucontrol, the Pulse Audio Volume Controller.
      Though I must say I've never needed it for input channels.

Comment

Pulse Audio may not give access to all your sound card adjustments. Install alsamixer from the repository and run it in a konsole:
        sudo alsamixer
        Hit F5 to show all your sliders (expand the right margin of Konsole if not all show) and then experiment with "Digital" and "External" (may be more than one) and the other settings and sliders, while using the Skype audio input test dialog.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Good point Greygeek, it might very well be a combination of PA and Alsa channels.
          There even is an alsamixer with gui.

Comment

Working...
          X