This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Desktop Window?at

Ok, I have no idea how to describe this but I haven't used KDE in a while so my skills are a bit rusty. My wife inadvertently removed the "window on top of the desktop" that comes on the KDE desktop. I don't know how else to describe it. It's a separate square that comes on top of the KDE desktop where you drag icons and you have to lock it down so that it doesn't move. I don't know what it's called but more importantly I don't know how to restore it. Any help would be most appreciated.

I believe you are referring to the desktop layout called "Folder". Right click on an empty place on your desktop and choose "Desktop settings" from the popup menu. On the dialog which appears is a dropdown combo box called "Layout". Select "Folder" from the list of options, click the "Apply" button, then the "Ok" button. Be sure to right mouse on the desktop again and Select "Lock Widgets" so your desktop isn't inadvertently changed again.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Right click on the desktop and add widgets, file system, and drag widget 'folder' to your desktop.
      I do not personally use Kubuntu, but I'm the tech support for my daughter who does.

Comment

Thank for you both the responses. All fixed.

Comment

Working...
        X