This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[DESKTOP] "semi-[root]" file manager

What I'm looking for is a way to move files around in Dolphin, or other file manager (I really don't like Dolphin), without having to open a terminal and gaining root. For instance I decided to copy a few files from my hdd over to an external hdd for safe keeping, between my regular backups. But, of course I couldn't just open Dolphin, do a split screen and drag and drop, I had to close Dolphin, open Konsole, and "kdesudo dolphin".

I don't want to run full root all the time, I've seen people ask about how be root every time they log on, that's not what I'm looking for. I just want to be able to move files from one place to another without using a terminal. I would think that it wouldn't be hard to do that, but what do I know. So my question is, is there a particular file manager that you know of that will let me do that? If I need to I'll go and search through all the file managers, I'm not asking anyone else to do that, I'm just hoping someone will already know of one and can save me a couple hours of searching.

Thanks for the help. You guys Rock!
    Last edited by rk4262; Feb 07, 2014, 08:59 PM.

You want the Root Actions Servicemenu for Dolphin, created by our very own Kubicle.

Comment

Working...
    X