X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List of humorous units of measurement
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
      Did you just write that Wikipedia page? I wouldn't put it past you, not in a hundred blue moons.
      I would dearly love to say I did...but no. Sorry to let you down!

Comment

SR

I didn't say that MS didn't do it, I said that MS users have no clue.

woodsmoke
        sigpic
        Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
          I didn't say that MS didn't do it, I said that MS users have no clue.
          That's a sweeping claim. How can you back it up?

Adding support for ZIP into Windows Explorer made it very easy for users to work with such files. Several hundred hours of usability lab experiments support this.

Comment

Ummm it is called an opinion.

woodsmoke
            sigpic
            Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

As an attempt to get me some money, the department has asked me to come on board as a "consultant" for a new lab book which will be "non specific" to a particular text.

And, I was quite surprised to see that it is being done in............... Excel! :0

I have been supplied with a sample set of labs that are in the .xlxs format.

I am pleased to report that the file was recognized and that EVERYTHING was displayed intact even the borders, and including the transport of "charts".

The text is even correctly displayed in terms of font SIZE and spacing using, somehow, a font that appears very similar to that used in Excel. :0

However, an image does not display but is signified by a small box labeled "picture".

Calligra is progressing by leaps and bounds.

However, in terms of "ease of use" for the particular format of the pages, and also because of having to include images I will be using Libre Office for the work.

However, I much prefer the way that Calligra displays "pages", so after I get into the "swing of things" I may go back to Calligra if I can get images in it to export to Excel.

Don't know.

If anyone has some particular questions, please ask.

woodsmoke
              Last edited by woodsmoke; Feb 19, 2014, 09:19 PM.
              sigpic
              Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

This is "way off in the weeds"....

But to illustrate the ERGONOMIC GUI of Calligra / Kwords.

I am in working on the review and the actual exam for the chemistry section of my physical science classes.

There is quite a bit of gas law stuff, with subscripts as in "the gas before "subscript a" and "the gas after "subscript b" etc.

Also balancing equations such as H20.......... Hsubscript2O.

AT LEAST IN MY SITUATION which is Saucey with latest updates.... "doing the right click thing" doesn't seem to work.

doing the right click thing requires navigating through at least three "clicks"..........

HOWEVER............ USING THE GUI / Interface.........

one "drags to select" the letter or number and then "sweeps right" (in a right hand setup), to the button that is OBVIOUSLY there for subscript or superscript and just clicks...

and the deed is done.

Calligra (and Koffice) suite is VERY ERGONOMICALLY arranged.

If anyone has questions please ask.

woodsmoke
                sigpic
                Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
                X