Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: How many people use Calligra office suite?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dmeyer View Post
    I am a student and I have to math a lot
    I might recommend some English classes, too

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
      I might recommend some English classes, too
      Rereading my post I can now see that apart from the tongue-in-cheek bit you highlighted there are three other errors. Based on this I can conclude that I desperately need some sleep. Still, its end of term and I'm only flying home Thursday. I'll leave the sleep to all the old people on the forums while I enjoy my 6 days (I started Friday) of debauchery and hedonism.

Comment

Enjoy! But do try to stay away from those had hazards, mmmk?

Comment

I have checked Calligra out from time to time, most recently maybe five or six months ago. I find it interesting and I like some things about it, but I've been in school and have to download and open a lot of MS Office files. LibreOffice has handled that flawlessly so it's just been easier to keep using that. But I'm sure I'll check out Calligra again.

Comment

I've tried to use Calligra recently (2.7.2 version, I think). I really like how it uses much less memory than LibreOffice and its GUI, but in its current stage of development it's not suitable for everyday use (in my case that means Writer, Impress and sometimes Calc). Based on my experience, it is not true that documents created using MS Office get very close to the original. Most of texts .doc, .docx I've tried to open got very messed up. Even .odt and .odp files, created using LibreOffice may get misconfigured when opened with Calligra, which it's very annoying. Oh, and not being able to save .doc, .docx etc can be an issue sometimes.
            But I'm willing to check Calligra again in the near future.

Comment

Hi geoaraugo

as to the messing up of stuff, I completely agree about that when I port the thing, like a presentation, through to export as a .ppt.

I therefore use only Arial for a font.

I keep the sentences very short.

I use the simplest "format" page that I can, usually either only bulleted text and bulleted text box and image box.

However, even there it messes up in that a "bullet" becomes a "vertical hollow rectangle".

However, I don't know that much can be done about the sitiaycioun until Microsith actually agrees to completely open a simple thing like a formatting bullet.

And, they even mess up the exact same bullet produced in a 2003 version of .ppt, just for the sake of messing it up to force people to "upgrade".

But, I agree as to your points.

woodsmoke
              sigpic
              Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

I tried the full suite. Works well and integrates in a nicer way in my KDE desktop than LibreOffice. Unfortunately I work with lots of MS Office files and only LibreOffice allows me to work easily with all of them.
                Processor: AMD FX-8320 Eight-Core @ 4.00GHz (8 Cores,) Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 R2.0, Memory: 32768MB
                Disk: 2000GB ST2000DM001-9YN1 + 1000GB ST31000340AS, Network: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411
                Graphics: ASUS AMD Radeon HD 7850, Audio: C-Media CMI8788, Monitor: S220HQL

Comment

Working...
                X