This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Desktop panel randomly and frequently freezes

I mentioned this in another thread but decided to start a new one because it is a different topic. Here is what I posted in the thread about solving the AR9642 problem:

Also the freezing of the plasma-desktop panel continues. It's an interesting bug because the mouse and keyboard continue to work, and Conky continues to display data. It's just that the panel won't respond to mouse activity. And, when I close an app during the freeze its icon remains in the taskbar. I still have to send the plasma-desktop an "INT" signal to release it and/or activate the panel again.
    I decided to create a test user and see if its panel froze. It did not!

I began adding widgets and testing if freezing occurred. After adding all of them there was still no freezing.

I'm not sure I want to rename ~./KDE or replace the panel and reinstall the widgets I used.
    Last edited by GreyGeek; Nov 20, 2013, 12:21 AM. Reason: SOLVED
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Very well could be the user .KDE file is making the now newer KDE desktop miss behave.
    Copy the file to a thumb drive, before making the dive.

Comment

Well, since testuser's panel did not have the freezing problem, and I didn't want to rename ~/.KDE and rebuild my desktop, I decided to begin removing panel widgets and testing the result. The first widget I removed was the "Color Picker". After removing that the panel has not frozen once. I'll wait until it runs for a week or so to see if that cured the problem.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Have fun!

Comment

Of course! Every day above ground is a good day!

Comment

Unless you be a worm!
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I've been called that, and I eat over millions of tons of dirt a day!

Comment

Working...
              X