This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by richb View Post
    What are the chances the repackaging has introduced problems of a released and tested KDE version?
    Don't forget that the use of PPAs is not supported.

I did note that one recent update was tagged ~ppa3, meaning that this was the third version of the package that was released before it was even transferred to -proposed.

I'm just saying that whatever is received from KDE may need to be patched and tested by the Kubuntu developers before they see it being fit for regular release.

Comment

I was wondering why it was taking so long for the 4.11.3 update to roll out. I just added the Kubuntu Updates PPA to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulW2U View Post
        Don't forget that the use of PPAs is not supported.

I did note that one recent update was tagged ~ppa3, meaning that this was the third version of the package that was released before it was even transferred to -proposed.

I'm just saying that whatever is received from KDE may need to be patched and tested by the Kubuntu developers before they see it being fit for regular release.
        Yes but the ppa versions have been extraordinarily reliable for me.
        Linux because it works. No social or political motives in my decision to use it.
        Always consider Occam's Razor
        Rich

Comment

Working...
        X