This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picture Frame Plasma widget / plasmoid

In the Picture Frame Plasma widget / plasmoid, there is an option in the "Slideshow" section to

Change images every: hhmmss

Is there (or can there be) a similar option for the "Picture of the day" section?

(I know that this can be done is the plasma-widget-flickr widget, but that widget doesn't have all the option of the Picture Frame widget.)

The same question applies to the "Picture of the Day" Wallpaper changer in the Desktop Settings.
    Last edited by perspectoff; Oct 10, 2013, 02:04 PM.

UbuntuGuide/KubuntuGuide

Right now the killer is being surrounded by a web of deduction, forensic science,
    and the latest in technology such as two-way radios and e-mail.

For my desktop frames, I always create an extra folder in /Pictures called /Frame-Images or recently, /Frame-Links, etc. Then put your desired "framed" images or symlinks in that folder; link your desktop frame to it, and set the timer to 24:00:00

If you want to make them load in certain order, you can rename the file 00-picture, 01-picture, 02-picture.

There is probably a more specific GUI for the process, but this way, you don't have to add any new running processes/daemons.

edit* I just checked the stock settings abilities for something like a wallpaper of the day.. I know I saw something like this in a standard install, but might have been kubuntu-full, and I am on kubuntu-desktop
    Last edited by jones.young; Oct 10, 2013, 03:58 PM.

Comment

What you describe IS what the widget does in "slideshow" mode, and which it does far more easily than the method you use.

No, my question has to do with the Picture of the Day mode, which pulls photos from the Internet, not from a local folder. They forgot to put a timer (which they have for slideshows) for this mode.

I'm really trying to goose some developer to re-write the code to include the timer in both modes.

UbuntuGuide/KubuntuGuide

Right now the killer is being surrounded by a web of deduction, forensic science,
      and the latest in technology such as two-way radios and e-mail.

Comment

I agree perspectoff

woodsmoke
        sigpic
        Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
        X