• Time
  • Show
Clear All

yep............ummmm YAWP!

woodyappersmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

CWP for me. Only because Yawp does not show extended days for me.
      Attached Files
      Linux because it works. No social or political motives in my decision to use it.
      Always consider Occam's Razor
      Rich

Comment

Yes you are correct about that!

woodsmoke
        sigpic
        Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Thanks richb. I didn't know about CWP. I'm trying it out next to YAWP to decide which I like best. 7 days of forecasts are cool.
          Linux User #454271

Comment

Originally posted by richb View Post
            CWP for me. Only because Yawp does not show extended days for me.
            Never heard of CWP before. It's not in the 12.04 widget list but I was able to install it from KDE.ORG's page.
            I've used weather services before that required one to enter the weather city ID (for Lincoln it is USNE0283) but CWP required that I enter the entire URL browser link:
            http://www.weather.com/weather/today...ln+NE+USNE0283

But, it works nice! Thanks for the headsup!
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
              Never heard of CWP before. It's not in the 12.04 widget list but I was able to install it from KDE.ORG's page.
              I've used weather services before that required one to enter the weather city ID (for Lincoln it is USNE0283) but CWP required that I enter the entire URL browser link:
              http://www.weather.com/weather/today...ln+NE+USNE0283

But, it works nice! Thanks for the headsup!
              Yes the city setup is a bit different. I found, in my case, entering my zip code brought up the correct location. Apparently must city codes have been converted to zip codes.
              Linux because it works. No social or political motives in my decision to use it.
              Always consider Occam's Razor
              Rich

Comment

Originally posted by richb View Post
                Yes the city setup is a bit different. I found, in my case, entering my zip code brought up the correct location. Apparently must city codes have been converted to zip codes.
                mmm... Mine's working good but I'll try that. The weather id's are getting harder to find. Oh, it is better than yawp.
                "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
                X