This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shutter (screenshot application) excellent choice

We have all fiddled with multiple screenshot applications for many years and through many distros.

To me, the have all worked "as stated" but almost always had some "quirk", usually a consequence of very tight coding, such as the app might just disappear after a use, because the assumption on the part of the developers was that the end user was a "Linux guy" and would ipso posto facto and factotum, be working from CLI and could recall it with a few keystrokes, the emphasis being on small footpring and speed.

Hoever, times have changed.

Shutter, in my opinion, is just about THE best choice I have seen for a screenshot app in terms of the "modern user".

a) it provides a nicely recognizable panel icon if the person wants to keep it running.
    b) the panel icon provides a very convenient right click menu so that one does not have to "go to the app in the panel". As an example, I "often" take multiple "selections" of a very long page, I can right click the icon, mouse up, left click "selection" the screen goes semi-transluscent black, I can select, and there is a floating box at the top left that is responding to what I do in terms of providing size, etc. then there is a "grab hand" and when double clicked the selection appears and then can be saved and / or printed.
    c) The "dialogue box" maintains the different selctions so that one can go back and reconsider a previously taken selection, etc.
    d) it interacts with the print dialogue command well.

e) there are a lot of other features about which I do not need to elaborate. Here is the website:

http://shutter-project.org/

All in all, whoever on the Kubuntu development team advocated for Shutter did a great job and I would highly recommend it's retention in future releases.

just my thoughts and others may disagree.

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!
Working...
X