X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Problem in changin Icon

Dear All,

I m using Kubuntu 12.04, Kde 4.9.4, Grub 1.99, in Vm ware &.1.1.7 it is 32 bit os and 1 GB of RAM.

I am tryin to change Default ICON of KDE and Default system icons but either I am un aware or I might be going wrong

i Have prepared all the icon for folders and kde in PNG format and same pixel and size, and replaces all the icon in directory

/usr/share/icons (8x8, 16x16, 22x22, 32x32, 48x48 ... etc) and so on

there is no default folders icon in these directory but still my system is taking all the default icon
    and in the animations directory of all these sizes directory i have replace the kde icon but same system is taking the default icon

can any one help me that how can i change the system icons permanently..

please
    THanks in Adv...

the systemwide defaulticons are found in /usr/share/icons/default.kde4/ which is just a link to the default theme (normally /usr/share/icons/oxygen/)

You can also use ~/kde/share/icons - you could simply copy a theme folder from /usr/share/icons/ - say the oxygen folder, to there and make your changes there. Good for testing as they are only used by the user account.

You may need to run the command
    Code:
    kbuildsycoca4 --noincremental

to rebuild caches as icons are cached, or try logging out of KDE, and delete the icon cache file /var/tmp/kdecache-<your-username>/icon-cache.kcache if that does not work.
    Last edited by Snowhog; Feb 04, 2013, 11:40 PM.

Comment

it works thnaks....... so much

Comment

Working...
      X