X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KMenu Wont Update

Hello,

I have an odd issue. My kmenu wont update.. sometimes. I can make changes and save them normally, but there are two entries that I cannot change or delete and save that. Looking at the internet I see reports of kmenu not updating changes but nothing like mine where it is specific entries that wont update. Has anyone had this happen and hopefully have success in fixing it?

Version of Kubuntu and version of KDE you are using?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Oh IM using 12.10 and my KDE is 4.9.4

Comment

What are the two menu items?
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Have you tried running kbuildsycoca4 manually?

Comment

The two items are Education and a custom folder called AUdio. They do not have anything in them. I am also unabel to move a folder I placed under Media called Playback under Video. It does have something in it.

I ran kbuildsycocoa4 and this was the output:

raevyn@Caeli:~$ kbuildsycoca4
            kbuildsycoca4 running...
            kbuildsycoca4(8267) KConfigGroup::readXdgListEntry: List entry Actions in "/usr/share/applications/thunderbird.desktop" is not compliant with XDG standard (missing trailing semicolon).
            kbuildsycoca4(8267)/kdecore (services) KServicePrivate::init: The desktop entry file "/home/raevyn/.local/share/applications/Visualization.desktop" has Type= "Application" but no Exec line

kbuildsycoca4(8267) KBuildServiceFactory::createEntry: Invalid Service : "/home/raevyn/.local/share/applications/Visualization.desktop"
            kbuildsycoca4(8267) parseLayoutNode: The menu spec file contains a Layout or DefaultLayout tag without the mandatory Merge tag inside. Please fix your file.
            raevyn@Caeli:~$

Hopefully that helps?

Comment

Originally posted by Raevyn View Post
              I ran kbuildsycocoa4 and this was the output:
              Hopefully that helps?
              The output generally is not useful, but it should refresh the kde caches and update the menu, if it did not work then there is a deeper problem then an invalid cache.

Some directories/files that you might want to look at (don't worry if they don't exist):
              ~/.local/share/applications
              ~/.local/share/user-places.xbel
              ~/.config/menus/applications-merged/
              ~/.config/menus/applications

Renaming these locations should cause the menus to reset to the defaults (after running kbuildsycoca4 or logging out).

Comment

I was hoping not to have to start from stratch since its all custom

I did fix the AUdio folder but so far the video folder wont remove.

Comment

Originally posted by Raevyn View Post
                  I was hoping not to have to start from stratch since its all custom

I did fix the AUdio folder but so far the video folder wont remove.
                  You can edit them manually if you wish to correct the problem, remember to make a backup of them first.

Comment

I was looking at the files and it kinda looks like it keeps a running tab of everything that once was there before? Is that right or is my menu file messed up?

Comment

Working...
                    X