This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE 4.9.3 and Menu Icon

I upgraded to KDE 4.9.3 in Quantal via the kubuntu-ppa. I noticed the menu icon, by default the 'K' doesn't scale any more. I tend to like a panel a little smaller than the default one. My menu icon is now smaller than it needs to be. If I increase the panel thickness, it doesn't change the icon size until I increase the thickness quite a bit and then it jumps to a much bigger icon size. Before 4.9.3, the icon would scale nicely according to the panel size. I used ppa-purge to go back to 4.9.2. Hopefully, this is bug and not done by desgn! Anyone else notice this?

Yes, this is happening to me too. I also hope it's a bug.

Comment

Papercut - Panel icon size

(Up to KDE 4.9.2 - may work with the later)

Some of the KDE panel icons have had problems with the scaling - they seem to have the max size.

A workaround is to set the panel icon size a bit larger: KDE System Settings > Application Appearance > Icons > Advanced tab...

A large panel with the large icons.

The KDE can scale the icons downwards.

Last edited by OneLine; Nov 09, 2012, 09:53 AM.
      Have you tried ?

- How to Ask a Question on the Internet and Get It Answered
      - How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Comment

Hi,

I am experiencing something similar except, the desktop appears to extend beyond the size of the actual monitor. Currently, I have an LG IPS LED 23" 1080p HDMI monitor. It is set for a resolution of 1920X1080. When I change it to 1680X1024 the panels appear properly when I had them set to hidden and move the cursor over the bottom of the screen. Presently I have expanded the height of the panel to a very large size so I can at least view them. When I try to change the icon size it is unaccessible. What do I need to do to get the desktop back to within the borders of the monitor?

Tia
        M2N-SLI with AMD Phenom II X4 940 8GB of 400Mhz 128bit DDR2 RAM, an Evga GTX560ti Video card Phoenix Bios Rev. 5001 nVidia driver version 304.43
        Kubuntu 12.10
        kernel: 3.5.0-23-generic

Comment

Is it the panel that's too large, or the whole desktop? If it's just the panel, right-click on it and go to Panel Settings > More Settings > Maximize Panel. That should make it resize to the screen edges. I've had that problem once before. I set the panel using the sizing handles that appear on the edges when you go to Panel Settings. Then I changed the desktop size and the panel became too long, couldn't see the ends. Found that when I resized the panel, that setting becomes the default regardless of screen size. By using the "Maximize Panel" option it now adjusts to the screen size automagically. Hope it helps.

Rob
          Computers don't make mistakes. They only execute them.

Comment

In my case its the whole desktop is bigger than the dimensions of the monitor. If I lower the resolution all both panels appear normal.

T
            M2N-SLI with AMD Phenom II X4 940 8GB of 400Mhz 128bit DDR2 RAM, an Evga GTX560ti Video card Phoenix Bios Rev. 5001 nVidia driver version 304.43
            Kubuntu 12.10
            kernel: 3.5.0-23-generic

Comment

Working...
            X