X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu updates and backport PPA

Hello,

Apologies if I've started this in the wrong section. Regarding the Kubuntu updates and backport PPA's - I would like to enable the backport PPA to give KDE 4.9 a whirl. Is it also necessary to enable the updates PPA as well ( ppa:kubuntu-ppa/ppa ) ?

Thanks!

I always activate ppa:kubuntu-ppa/ppa. I added the backports ppa when I decided to go to KDE 4.9.00
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Hey, thanks for that. Wondering if you could also enlighten me as to the differences between the two, because obviously the updates PPA is not enabled by default, but then you can't upgrade to KDE 4.9 unless you add the backports PPA?

Comment

Read through Repositories/Kubuntu. It's not long, and it'll tell you what you need to know about the Kubuntu Repositories.

Welcome to KFN. Hope you find us friendly and informative.

Comment

Cheers for the link, does indeed help to clarify my concerns about the two repo's. One final thing before I'll leave you be - would it be safe to just enable the backports PPA and wait for the stable updates to arrive through the Ubuntu update repo?

Comment

You're welcome. See Will KDE 4.9 even make it to Kubuntu 12.04 (standard repos)?

Comment

Thanks Snowhog - you've been a great help!

Comment

Working...
              X