This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taskbar Panel Buttons

Hopefully this is a quick and easy question, but as a new convert to KDE 4.83, I'm not quite sure what to make of this. I was trying to create a bottom panel that was easier to read against a photo background, so I switched to the Oxygen theme for the panel. It works well. However, now some of my task buttons appear as white buttons with black writing instead of dark smoky buttons with white writing. They are NOT the active button, minimized, maximized, on a different workspace, or any other logical thing I can think of.

Does anyone know what the meaning of a white taskbar button under Oxygen is? This is probably basic, but I'm still learning.

FWIW: The two white buttons I'm currently looking at are Firefox and Clementine. Both of these did not use different shading under the Air theme.

Thanks.
    Last edited by aybesea; May 18, 2012, 01:32 PM.

Wow... no one else has seen this? Perhaps I should move this thread to the 12.04 forum under software issues? Is this a bug?

Comment

Not a bug, I'd guess. More likely it is the Theme and it's effect on those to applications icons. You already know that the Air Theme doesn't display this, correct? Try another Theme other than Air or Oxygen and see how it affects, or doesn't affect, the icons for these two apps.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

How weird is that I just did an update this morning that included a new kernel and... voila... no shaded taskbar buttons. Okay... I'm lost!

Comment

There is nothing you can do about panel and plasma look other that use another theme or getting familiar with all this complicated configuration files. There is an idea on KDE brainstorm about it:
          "panel and plasma colors configuration tool"
          http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=101989
          but there is little hope developers will do something about it.

Comment

Working...
          X