X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kmail akonadi resource imap going offline

hi,
    I don't know when this started but I first noticed it in early 2012 when the email dispatch agent went offline. Emails in my local folder outbox remained there (in fact I lost them after trying to click on them).
    as of yesterday, my gmail dimap resource is going offline. i can check this using akonadiconsole
    using kubuntu 11.1o kde 4.7
    any ideas? should i upgrade to kde 4.8 using backports? help anyone?
    thanks

Hi
    I would very much like to help but can't.

I just sent a test e-mail to my google account and it appeared in Kontact immediately, someone else more knowledgeable than I will pop along shortly so don't give up.
    woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Akonadi's integration with Google is improving, but still encounters occasional glitches. Delete and recreate them all, including the mail dispatcher agent.

Comment

Hi SR
        Thanks very much for the post.

It worked, thank you.

Some thoughts.

a) It worked.
        b) Probably THE best place to get info about how Akonadi is working is right here at Kubuntu Forums, and mainly because of your timely help.
        c) this is tedious but at least it works.
        d) if it is the best workaround for the forseeable future, possibly the Kontact people should put a "special help file" in an update that says to particularly do this.
        e) one should carefully note down the information for setting up the generic IMAP folder akonadi resource for the particular person so that it can be easily copied and pasted.

thanks again.
        woodsmoke
        sigpic
        Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

The problem might be solved. For some reason, in kmail settings "go offline when exiting kmail" was ticked on my gmail imap. I'll mark this as solved. However, a) in the past "Mail dispatcher agent" had gone offline b) I don't remember ticking the "go offline when exiting" setting. So if you have any more comments on these, please do so. Thanks for your comments so far!

Comment

Hi
            would you please jot down a complete path to where you found this I cannot seem to so do.

woodsmoke
            sigpic
            Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
              Hi
              would you please jot down a complete path to where you found this I cannot seem to so do.
              sure. Go to Kmail 4.7.3, settings, configure kmail, accounts, tab receiving. There on the accounts list click on the "retrieval options". Three options appear: include in manual check, go offline when exiting, and check on startup.

Comment

Aaaahhhh appleses and orrrraaannngggsssss.....he says..!
                Mine is 4.4.9.
                I do not have those, I only have "check mail on startup".
                So, I'm not going to be much help.
                woodsmoke
                sigpic
                Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

The "go offline" setting on your email account receiving setup has nothing to do with Akonadi's mail dispatcher agent. The former controls whether Akonadi continues to check for and download mail even when KMail is closed. The latter controls the delivery of outbound mail.

Comment

Working...
                  X