• Time
  • Show
Clear All

thankee thankee
    woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Interesting - a few weeks back on the pim-dev list when I asked about the google resources I was told the old google akonadi resource was maintained and broken, good to see theres a new one, will check it out.

I tried the CalDav approach but the sync'ing seemed some what unreliable to me.

Comment

Originally posted by steveriley View Post
        Contacts sync fine when you install the package akonadi-kde-resource-googledata (it might already be on your system). But despite appearances, this does not work for calendars. You need to create a CalDAV resource instead. See this post for more information.
        akonadi-kde-resource-googledata is the old broken google resource. You need to add the ppa listed at the project webpage (https://projects.kde.org/projects/pl...di-google/news)

Code:
        sudo apt-add-repository ppa:benoitg/akonadigoogle-daily
        sudo apt-get install akonadi-google

Comment

Originally posted by blackpaw View Post
          akonadi-kde-resource-googledata is the old broken google resource. You need to add the ppa listed at the project webpage (https://projects.kde.org/projects/pl...di-google/news)
          Hey, nice find. Looks promising.

Contacts works well, no problems.

Calendar, on Oneiric anyway, has a few problems. Events didn't show up until I exited and restarted KOrganizer twice. Repeating events on my main calendar show up on days where I've removed the one recurring event -- either Google calendar isn't reporting a one-time deletion properly, or the new resource has a bug here. Secondary calendars don't show any text, only the presence of something but it's blank. I'll dig into this a bit more and file bugs as appropriate.

Comment

Working...
          X